Every well-stocked weed connoisseur's kitchen should have a little CannaButter on hand. Whether you're spicing up your morning toast or making a pan of magic brownies, this is the easiest way to add a little extra flavour to your day. If you're ready to explore this tasty, THC-laced treat, here's the low-down on CannaButter If you are looking to buy some Marijuana Seeds visit Gorilla Seeds, The Vault, or the Sensi Seeds website if you are looking to get some Flying Dutchmen Seeds.
What is CannaButter?
CannaButter is exactly what it sounds like: sweet, creamy butter infused with THC. Other than the buzz, it's not too different from regular butter. If you're picturing a dairy product filled with bits of leaves, seeds and stems, think again! When made right, this stuff is just as smooth as any butter purchased from your local super market. Love Cannabis Seeds? Well try Red Dragon Seeds by Barneys
Use this basic CannaButter recipe to make your first batch:
Ingredients: Large Pot, 1 lb Butter or 50grams approx , Enough Water to Keep the Weed Floating at Least 2 Inches off the Bottom of the Pot, 1 Ounce of Bud or Trim, Spoon for Stirring, Strainer, Coffee Filters or Cheesecloth, Large Bowl
- Heat the water on low until it reaches a simmer.
- Add the butter and allow it to melt.
- Add the Bud or Trim.
- Simmer for about four hours. Cover the pot to reduce evaporation.
- Stir occasionally. Add small amounts of water if the pot starts to dry up.
- When done, the mixture will look much like dirty bong water with a thick, glossy layer on top.
- Line a strainer with cheesecloth or a coffee filter. Strain the mixture into a large bowl to remove all the weed fragments.
- Throw away the leftover weed.
- Place the bowl in your refrigerator to cool. The water should look greasy and dark brown.
- The THC-infused CannaButter separates from the water as it cools. At this point, it's light brown to beige rather than yellow.
- Remove the firm CannaButter from the bowl. Discard the dirty water.
- Use the CannaButter as-is or in any recipe that uses butter or oil.
Here are a few things to think about before making your first patch of CannaButter.
- Boiling the mixture will cut down the time needed to make CannaButter, but this practice may burn the butter or destroy some of the THC . Be patient and simmer on a low heat.
- Don't try to dry and smoke the leftover weed. If you did it right, all the THC is gone.
- Always use real, unsalted butter. Don't cut corners with spreads or butter substitutes.
- Don't use cannabis seeds and stems, if you do you'dd get a headache. The first time, stick with buds, shake or trimmings if you can.
- All butter, including CannaButter, tolerates storage at room temperature for short periods of time. For the best results, store your CannaButter in the fridge when you're not cooking or enjoying a tasty buzz.
- Note that a CannaButter high is more intense and often lasts 4 times longer than a traditional buzz. Start off slow until you know much you can handle.
Every weed guru out there seems to have their own variation on the standard CannaButter recipe. Don't be afraid to experiment. But, if you discover a better way, don't forget to come back and share. We'll crown you the new King or Queen of Cannabutter and bow down to your superior culinary skills!